Monday 7 November 2011

Nuts!

So apparently if I get hubby to eat Brazil nuts, its good for his 'nuts'! Who knew??? I am told by the well informed that they are full of selenium which is apparently good for the swimmers...makes them grow muscles and swim faster, or so I am told. I have in fact been making him take multivitamins for months that have selenium in them...haven't worked yet! Why is there no guidelines anywhere for how long they are going to take to work? Or, for that matter, how long it takes and 31 year old man and a 34 year old woman to get pregnant, at least that way you would know when the waiting is going to end!

I find it ironic that you spend your whole life trying not to get pregnant and when to try to, its so much harder than you think.

Now, after research into other things that might affect our chances, there will be no more hot baths for him, only loose undies, no heavy drinking, and we both are stopping the sweetener we had in tea and cutting out the diet soft drinks as apparently its better to have the sugar and get fat than to consume the sweet alternative in chemicals!

It reminds me of when my assistant at work got pregnant recently. I helpfully made it clear to her all the things she should no longer eat, and she was astonished as when she had her first child in Russia (I forget to mention she was Russian!) there were none of those limitations. I am told it is the same in other countries, so why are we so scared of living as normal when we get knocked up?


No comments:

Post a Comment