Thursday 8 December 2011

Is it meant to feel isolating?

The hormones have really gotten to me this week. One minute I'm fine the next I'm in tears and feeling miserable. I don't remember being this all over the place when I was having my son. Plus no one annoys me more than my husband at the moment! I feel that I had so much attention when we were trying to get pregnant and now I am, I'm in it on my own!

I sort of feel a bit abandoned, is that normal? I'm in that phase where everything is hard work and him not making things easier for me is just making my angry. All that is in my head most of the time is the pregnancy, the baby, how life will change, how my body feels, and I know he can't feel what I feel, but, and I'm sure I am just being sensitive, it just feels like a complete lack of interest on his behalf and I feel swindled! I wanted this to be something we share, the whole experience I wanted it to be so different from my first pregnancy with my ex-husband, for whom our son was his third child, and I guess I just thought that because this is my husbands first child he would be very excited and be paying more attention. The main person who gives me what I need affection wise etc is my soon to be 5 year old son! That can't be right?

No comments:

Post a Comment